Why YouTube is BETTER Than Other Social Media?

He's not making as much YouTube money as he could be if he was on YouTube and so he just started doing YouTube money stuff and I was talking to him and he was like, what I love about YouTube is I'll post something and it just like, it's a snowball effect and he keeps getting views and it doesn't stop. Whereas on other social media platforms, he posts something, and a week later, it's like- 

- It's dies out.

- [Voiceover] You gotta just press record.

- I know at Think Media, we have courses on how to grow on YouTube. 


We have other courses, too, that have nothing to do with YouTube, but we're not tied to YouTube. The reason we talk about YouTube so much and the reason we're on YouTube is because it is the best platform to grow a legit community, especially if you wanna make it a full-time thing, make it a business. And so I wanna throw that disclaimer in there.


Would you agree? We aren't tied to YouTube.

If there's a better platform for us to be on, we're gonna be talking about that. 

- For sure.

 - When it comes to video, video's the future. YouTube is the best place to get in front of people.

- Yeah, and I would say the best use for your time.

- And what I love about YouTube is I have a couple guys who are, he has this coffee channel and he's been growing his Instagram. 37,000 followers in the last year and a half. 


He's absolutely crushing it. He's doing the reels, he's doing all that stuff and so are we, but he's not making as much money as he could be if he was on YouTube. And so he just started doing YouTube stuff and I was talking to him and he was like, what I love about YouTube is I'll post something and it's just like, it's a snowball effect and he keeps getting views and it doesn't stop. 


Whereas, on other social media platforms, he posts something and a week later it's like- - It dies out. Yeah, it's done.

- So I love that. 

- And just even the nature of how, I know you probably feel like you either know us, know Sean and Heather, and it's because YouTube has this ability to make it feel like you're genuinely hanging out with the creator you're watching.


And that's just so powerful and that's why, when we meet each other at conferences and stuff like that, people feel like, they say like, "Dude, I feel like I've hung out with you. I would watch your videos, pause it, do something, play it and I spent time with you," and that's just a powerful thing that you can do it 24/7. 


- That somebody can do that in and through your business via YouTube and so, yeah, dude, we are biased when it comes to YouTube, but nonetheless, there are different ways you can build an influence. 


- Yeah and just to talk about that relationship building and trust, like that comes, I think it comes from time and long-form video. 


YouTube changing? 

Yes, they come out with YouTube shorts and they're competing with TikTok and, of course, Instagram reels. But when it comes to building that relationship, I would say long-form content. You see people blow up on TikTok and then they want to move over to YouTube. And yes, you can build a relationship with short-form content, a hundred percent, but I think it's so much easier when you spend more time with that person and YouTube's the place the be for that.


Post a Comment

0 Comments