How to Hire Content Writers in Under 48 Hours (part3)

So again, if you do want to see that later, let me know, but in the case where you're good on that, just put in your job description and then put in the wage in terms of how much you're looking to pay for your content.


For ID proof score, I like to look for anything above 60, mainly because it does require on this website that they complete a few different identification forms in order to get that sort of score. And then for email contact person, what I recommend here actually is that you create a new email for this particular job posting, just so that all the applications go to the same email as opposed to spamming your main inbox. 


That's something that I personally learned just from experience that would be really useful had I done it the first time around. And then the next thing you're going to want to do is you're going to want to select the different skills. Typically speaking for content writers, you're going to select content writing here or writing, and then you're going to select the sorts of different versions of skills you want. 


So maybe it's going to be ghost writing and then you maybe will have other skills where you have blogging, and then you're going to have, maybe another skill where you're going to look for web content writing. Once you do that, you're going to click the post a job button. And so what's going to happen from here is your job is going to be listed in their directory, and you're going to immediately start to get a ton of different applications. And this is going to be really great because what you're going to do is you're going to separately create a simple Google form that you can use in order to screen through applications. 


To do that, what you're going to do is you're going to go into Google forms or whatever form builder you want to create, and then create a simple application like this. I've gone ahead and show an example here where it's talking about, thanks for your interest for ghost writing for us because it's ghost writing content for the most part on my end. And then from here, we have a ton of work. 


Here's what we pay per thousand words or 5,000 words or whatever, how you're going to pay them, what you expect from them. And then what you have in this particular example is you have them submit their full name. 


You have them answer questions in terms of what their past experience is, writing for articles or blogs, what their process is when it comes to researching for things that they don't know about as well as how many word articles they can actually produce every single week, as well as what particular topic areas that they might be interested in, what their expertise is in that particular niche followed by some sort of past article or piece of writing that has been published of theirs. Now here's where I recommend that you work in some sort of 300 or 500 where it's sample prompt. If somebody is applying for a particular niche, I will look for some sort of common phrase or topic that I know would've been interesting in that particular niche. And I will insert that in here as my sample prompt for a writing sample. 


And the reason why I find this super effective is because it really does give you a better understanding of exactly how effective that content writer is at doing the things that they mentioned earlier on in their application. 


So from here, I just ask them what their best PayPal email is, what the secret word is for applying. I recommend in your job description that you always use some sort of secret word, like, you know, Cowabunga or something like that just to make it easy for you to flag out who is just spamming applications to different listings. 


And then from there, I just have them understand that they are ghost writing for my particular sites. So once you send this out to the writers, you're going to notice that there's going to be a drop off in terms of how many writers actually complete the application. But what I'll typically find is that if I get about 30 applications, there's going to be anywhere from five to 10 of those applications that are going to be really solid. And then from there, I'll typically onboard around 75% or so of those into a test milestone. 


The other 25% are going to be totally overwhelmed by the article system that I have. And so they won't be able to proceed. But what I typically find is from that hiring batch, I always find that I get a couple of really consistent writers or I just get some writers for a couple milestones and then they decide that it's not for them. 


But the reason why we use this sort of process is because it makes it really quick for screening through applications and starting test milestones. I always recommend putting a quick test milestone together where you hire that content writer for one or two articles, just to see whether or not they can follow instructions and whether or not they'd be a good fit for your project. And that is the best way that you can really start to build trust and rapport with those content writers to then write more content for you. So that's pretty much all I did.


From there, I fielded, I believe around 35 applications or so. I ended up hiring six writers before I started to pause my project and move on. But this was a great way for me to hire six writers in under two days. And it was way faster than having to screen through some other potential websites like Upwork and whatnot in order to see who may have been good. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments